The following are symptoms of a slipped disk:
• Pain and numbness on one side of the body
• Pain that extends to your arms and/or legs
• Pain that worsens at night
• Pain that worsens after standing or sitting
• Pain when walking short distances
• Unexplained muscle weakness
• Tingling, aching, or burning sensations
The following are treatment options for slipped disc:
• Exercise program that stretches and strengthens the back and surrounding muscles
• Taking over-the-counter pain relievers
• Muscle relaxers
• Nerve pain medications
Follow these tips to avoid slipped discs:
• Regular exercise can slow down the age-related deterioration of the discs in your back.
• When sitting or driving for long periods enure that your seat is comfortable and supportive. If possible, take regular breaks to stretch and walk around.
• If your job involves using a computer, take regular breaks away from the computer screen.
• Always try to keep good posture. Walk or stand with your head and shoulders slightly back.
• When sitting in front of a desk, ensure that your chair is the correct height for the desk.