CPO Referral Process
If you are a physician and have a patient in need of custom prosthetics or orthotics, please review our referral process below. From sending a prescription to one of our local clinics to setting up a fitting appointment, our staff is available to contact your patient and set up all necessary consultations and evaluations necessary. Please review our guide to referring a patient, as well as our list of necessary documents. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Why Choose CPO?
Comprehensive Prosthetics & Orthotics (CPO) is among the largest orthotic and prosthetic service providers in the U.S. with a wide network of clinics across Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, and Missouri. CPO offers its patients an extensive range of prosthetics (artificial limbs) and orthotics devices. Established more than a decade ago, our excellent patient care is the main reason why amputees choose CPO to aid them on their quest to restoring their mobility and quality of life. Our years of experience and expertise in orthotics and prosthetics help us to evaluate your individual needs and recommend the right customized solution for you. Benefits of choosing to work with us include:
- Patient-Centered Care
- Unmatched Clinical and technical Expertise
- In-house Custom Fabrication
- Accept Most Insurance Plans
- Directly work with Referring Physicians/Professionals
How to refer patient to CPO?
- Send a prescription to CPO local Clinic with diagnosis codes and supporting notes.
- Our staff contacts the patient to schedule a consultation or an evaluation appointment. CPO Clinicians evaluate the patient in-clinic or on virtual appointment and obtain the insurance authorization and approval.
- Once the device is fabricated, the fitting appointment is scheduled.
- Your patient is scheduled for a follow-up visit and we report the outcomes back to the referring physician / professional.
- ICD-10 codes AND descriptor narratives. It is imperative to provide an accurate ICD-10 code on all prescriptions and medical record notes for compliance and payer requirements.
- Direct connection between diagnosis, underlying cause, and resultant condition. For example:
- Trauma: Partial or complete traumatic amputation from car accident
- Disease: Amputation secondary to gangrene from diabetic wound
- Congenital: Congenital condition from a missing limb at birth
- Cause, condition, Rx and notes that all consistently support the codes you select.
If you need immediate assistance, please call the nearest CPO Clinic or write to us at email@example.com and we will assist you at the earliest.
Refer a Patient to CPO
Fill out the form below and one of our team member will get back to you with more information on our referral process.