What is Deep Vein Thrombosis?
Deep Vein Thrombosis Treatment Options
Deep Vein Thrombosis treatment aims to prevent the blood clot from getting larger, breaking loose, and traveling to the lungs, as well as preventing and reducing the chances of developing another DVT. Some examples of treatment options include:
- Using Blood thinners: Blood thinners can help prevent blood clots from getting bigger and reduce the risk of developing more clots in the future.
- Blood thinners can be taken by mouth, given via IV, or given by injection.
- You and your CPO adviser will discuss the best blood thinner to use if applicable and will discuss any associated risks.
- Clot busters: Clot-busting medication is delivered directly to the clot through a catheter. This treatment is reserved for severe cases, as it carries a risk of serious bleeding.
- Filters: If taking medication to thin your blood is not an option, a filter can be inserted into the vena cava, a large vein located in your abdomen. This filter serves to prevent any blood clots that may break loose from becoming lodged in your lungs.
- Support stockings: These knee socks are designed to prevent blood from pooling in the legs and reduce leg swelling. They should be worn on the legs from the feet up to the level of the knees.
Why Choose Comprehensive Prosthetics & Orthotics
Comprehensive Prosthetics & Orthotics (CPO) is among the largest orthotic and prosthetic service providers in the U.S. with a vast network of clinics across Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, and Missouri. Established more than a decade ago, our excellent patient care is the main reason why amputees choose CPO to aid them in their quest to restore their mobility and quality of life. Patients and healthcare professionals prefer CPO because of our extensive clinical expertise and unparalleled access to orthotics and prosthetics technologies. CPO is a premier provider of prosthetics and orthotic services and related products, utilizing:
- Exceptional clinical knowledge
- Sound business skills
- Cutting-edge laboratory techniques
- Superior patient outcomes
- Innovative patient and referrer satisfaction
- Optimized organizational performance
- Maximized profitability
Request a Free Evaluation
Comprehensive Prosthetics & Orthotics medical professionals will evaluate your condition and provide the best garments for your needs. Take the first step in treating or diagnosing your spina bifida today. We are here to help you every step of the way. Schedule a consultation with a certified professional at the nearest CPO clinic today. We are in network with major insurance providers and accept most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid.